Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lessons learned from tonights Gorilla Glue/Peat session:

1) use a BRUSH. You can get in all the little crevices and you won't have to go over it again.

2) once you have the glue painted on and the peat put on, wait and watch for shiny bubbles showing through, especially if you haven't dried your peat all the way. Squish them back down.

3) if you like your foam exactly the way it was, make sure to squeeze the gorilla glue as it dries - it puffs up and changes your contours.

4) Wear long sleeves. Especially if you have to get the glue into weird tight spots around branches. Else your arms will look like a charred burn victim.

5) PULL YOUR HAIR BACK, or else you will have to cut gorilla glue out of your hair.

6) Do not cry about #5. It will grow back.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
I have a few to add:

8) When you use it to glue two surface together (i.e. screen to cover vent holes), you need to press it a few times while drying (as noted in #2 above) or it will foam a bit and leave a gap.

9) DON'T scratch behind your ear while using it. If you do and you actually want your earlobe stuck to your neck permanantly, follow instructions in #8.

10) Gorilla Glue is the same adhesive as the foam, which is why it expands, but since it's not under pressure, it expands a lot less. A little goes a long way.

11) Dogs go crazy for some time after stepping in Gorilla Glue - especially if they scratch behind their ear.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
1 more to add, you can tell people you have a hand fungus if you accidently cover your hands with glue and sphagnum, it is quite entertaining....though my youngest could not eat in front of me for a couple of days.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Applying a small drop to the pad of a cat's front paw can provide hours of entertainment...:D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts