Dendroboard banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
8,811 Posts
Unless you've got more than 10 tanks you don't need a sprayer that 1) sprays that much or 2) is so heavy duty.

I find the mist from a setup like that to not be near as fine as one of the hand misters.

The hand mister I have pumps up to build internal pressure (so you don't need to actually pull the trigger for water for each squirt).

I took a look at it last night and it is a "Better Homes and Garden" model. I'm 95% sure I picked it up at Home Depot. The reservoir is about twice as big as the hand squeeze misters you see around.

s

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Scott said:
Unless you've got more than 10 tanks you don't need a sprayer that 1) sprays that much or 2) is so heavy duty.

I find the mist from a setup like that to not be near as fine as one of the hand misters.

The hand mister I have pumps up to build internal pressure (so you don't need to actually pull the trigger for water for each squirt).

I took a look at it last night and it is a "Better Homes and Garden" model. I'm 95% sure I picked it up at Home Depot. The reservoir is about twice as big as the hand squeeze misters you see around.

s
I have some of the same kind that you are talking about, though I don't know if they are exact. Yours may be nicer, but I have gotten them in the past at WalMart in the gardening section.

-Shelley

·
Administrator
8,811 Posts
I may have gotten it there. I have had two of them (and I'm about due for a 3rd) in 9 years.

Jordan - don't go for the bigger one unless you have to. This mist isn't as fine and they're kind of a pain in the butt.

Thanks Shelley. ;)

s
snmreptiles said:
I have some of the same kind that you are talking about, though I don't know if they are exact. Yours may be nicer, but I have gotten them in the past at WalMart in the gardening section.

-Shelley

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Kind of a pain in the butt?! A HUGE pain in the butt!! I have had one of the 2.5 gallon ones for a few months now and I constantly fight with the stupid thing! :twisted: But now that I have "upgraded" to it I can't seem to bring myself back to the hand held. And Scott, two have lasted you for nine years!? :shock: Wow! We have been using those for years and still do for spraying hid boxes and such for geckos and we were always having to buy new ones because they would start spraying funny or leaking. I don't think that we have had one last near that long. Maybe I am just too hard on my sprayers, I just demand too much! lol

-Shelley

·
Administrator
8,811 Posts
Hey Shelley - I think one of the keys is always unscrewing the top when you're done. If you don't it will eventually blow the seals from the pressure inside the bottle.

s

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Funny thing is, on the big bad sprayer, even after I let the pressure out the damn thing will still keep dripping!! :evil: I am growing to just hate that thing. But yes I think that we may have done that to more than one of the handheld ones. It is easy to forget to let the pressure out of those. But this big sprayer is out to get me.

-Shelley

G

·
Here is what i have...i purchsed it at lowes and it gives more of a fine mist than those larger ones like you have pictured but still gives you the luxury of not haveing to squeeze over and over... heres a pic of it....cost about $8 at the most maybe less and it works great if you only have a few tanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts