Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i found a place that does sheets of glass in my area and they want $95 for a 4x8 sheet of 1/4 inch glass, is that a good price?

jamie

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Prices can vary widely from supplier to supplier. Try to find out if there are any insulated glass manufacturers in your area and ask if they would consider a direct sale to you. Remember that a 4 by 8 foot sheet of glass is very difficult to move without a proper glass rack and some experience. You may want to inquire about cutting it in half.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, they will cut it in half for free :) so far this is the only place i have been able to find that does sheet glass, not just car stuff.

jamie

·
Registered
546 Posts
I have a question what size viv are you making? You a 100 bucks in, so just wondering how cost effective this project is going to be.
Just curious.
I seems like your building a 75 gallon tank.
I am all for doing it myself , just wondering.

Daryl

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i am building tanks that are 11x20x15 for a custom project. i need 8 of that size and 4 11x20x24 tanks. i think i may go with plywood, it is heavier but cheaper.

jamie

·
Registered
238 Posts
Check craigslist, I have found pretty good deals, around $25 for pieces close to that. I usually search " 1/4 plate glass"
Mike.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
thanks for the comments everyone, decided to go a different route will post pics when done :)

jamie

1 - 11 of 11 Posts