Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's a 20 gallon long, in vertical form. I was thinking large, medium, small, and mini broms, ficus pumila, philodendren, etc. Input would be supported! Thanks guys :)

Substrate (Manure, orchid bark, peat moss, fern root, bone charcoal)

The tank

·
Registered
158 Posts
Prob tired of reading my comment :p Since I am building out tanks at this time, I am also in planning phase/research - I just got an order today from Joshs Frogs - viv plants they are perfect, only wish I had bought more cuz they are small.

*Ficus Pumila
* Krauss Golden spikemoss
* Alocasia reginula "black velvet" nice med leaf a small thumbnail can crawl on

* of course any of the mini broms "neoregelia"

Hope this helps give you some ideas

·
Banned
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Prob tired of reading my comment :p Since I am building out tanks at this time, I am also in planning phase/research - I just got an order today from Joshs Frogs - viv plants they are perfect, only wish I had bought more cuz they are small.

*Ficus Pumila
* Krauss Golden spikemoss
* Alocasia reginula "black velvet" nice med leaf a small thumbnail can crawl on

* of course any of the mini broms "neoregelia"

Hope this helps give you some ideas
Was thinkin of everything but the spikemoss, and its ok lol, I love reading what other people have to say :)

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
get a dwarf/miniature form of alocasia for the bottom, use some low light creepers like selaginella uncinate (avoid S. kraussiana...., not very viv friendly), maybe some small ferns. Use neoregalia's and hoya's up top. Use something like Ficus pumila "quercifolia" or Peperomia glabella/serpens for the background, and viola, you've got a nice start of plants :)

ed parker

1 - 4 of 4 Posts