Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have only been able to find the standard springtail as I have searched about. Does anybody know a place that I can purchase other types of microfauna?

Thanks,
Max

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Post Wanted ads for the species you want, most people keep multiple cultures and probably would be willing to sell a couple if someone was looking for them.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Another way you can go about it is placing sheets of cardboard in your backyard in a shady spot. Woodlice, and all sorts of potential feeders will utilize the cardboard for shelter, breeding, etc. It will literally prove to be a feed station all year except in winter of course. It is a bit ugly, but the functionality makes it worth it to me! You must be absolutely certain no pesticides, herbicides, etc are in use where you are collecting though. The best aspect of using this method.... It's FREE!!!!!!

JBear

·
Registered
713 Posts
Another way you can go about it is placing sheets of cardboard in your backyard in a shady spot. Woodlice, and all sorts of potential feeders will utilize the cardboard for shelter, breeding, etc. It will literally prove to be a feed station all year except in winter of course. It is a bit ugly, but the functionality makes it worth it to me! You must be absolutely certain no pesticides, herbicides, etc are in use where you are collecting though. The best aspect of using this method.... It's FREE!!!!!!

JBear
Having dealt with reptilian mite species way back when, I would personally be wary of pests collecting outdoors.

On another note, I've purchased bugs from Doug and had a very pleasent experience. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts