Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nm i got a good deal on ebay with the exoterra combometer so i went ahead and purchased it. i didnt really research it tho:( anyone know if this is a reliable peice of equipment?

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
got some great digital temp/humid thermometers on ebay for $2 each. came from china so it took about 2 weeks. Also they are in Celsius.
Some die but some last a while. Better then $8 in petco

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just got the exoterra combometer. Its a hydr and thermometer in one and paid $22 including shipping. I could only find cheap digital therms but no hydros so i just went with the exoterra.

·
Registered
63 Posts
All the Zoo Med and Exo Terra hygrometer/thermometers are highly inaccurate 10-20%RH off. I know because I compared them with actual calibrated humidity sensors.

I recommend the Acurite Indoor Humidity Monitors which can log daily min/max humidity and temperature values. They are $9.85 each at Home Depot's Garden section.

Another good humidity gauge is the Hydroset II which can be found on Amazon.com for around $18. The Hydroset II is user-calibratable as well. You can buy a calibration kit for $5 and change the humidity settings yourself using a simple dial knob.

I've tried all the Zoo Med and Exo Terra ones and these are the only two that I know are accurate.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All the Zoo Med and Exo Terra hygrometer/thermometers are highly inaccurate 10-20%RH off. I know because I compared them with actual calibrated humidity sensors.

I recommend the Acurite Indoor Humidity Monitors which can log daily min/max humidity and temperature values. They are $9.85 each at Home Depot's Garden section.

Another good humidity gauge is the Hydroset II which can be found on Amazon.com for around $18. The Hydroset II is user-calibratable as well. You can buy a calibration kit for $5 and change the humidity settings yourself using a simple dial knob.

I've tried all the Zoo Med and Exo Terra ones and these are the only two that I know are accurate.
damn i wish i would have known that before i ordered that but oh well i will give it a shot. do you think it is so inacurate that it would harm my frogs if i thought it was at some point but it really was not?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts