Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick FYI, as I know my fellow froggers are always looking for a good deal.

I found Submersible mini pumps (66 gal/hr) at my local Harbor Freight store and I paid $9.99 for them. I think they are pretty close to the ones that I have paid $20 for at Home depot in the past. I checked on their website - and they have them on sale for $4.99!!!

"http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45303"http:
//www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=45303

If the link doesn't work, then they are item number 45303-1VGA

I just used one in a 60 gallon tank setup for terriblis, to circulate the water through the tank and it is doing a good job set on the lowest setting. I was actually worried that it would be too powerful.

Hope this tip helps someone, I know I was excited to find them for $10, but how can you go wrong at $5!!!!

Greg Sihler

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for fixing the link for me Josh! (I couldn't figure that one out =)

John, I hope they work out for you well. We have been really happy with the 2 we got, and we are planning on buying several more. We(actually Greg) are in the process of redoing all our mantella tanks, so these work perfect for that!

·
Registered
882 Posts
just a warning (i am also a reefer so u have to be careful with what you buy) make sure it doesnt have certain meddles for the impeller or shaft that will corrude it leach toxins

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes we do fresh water tanks and make sure its rated for potable water..... Other wise it could kill fish, frogs ect...... I have a friend that used washing machine hose in a pinch to hook up his sump and it killed all his fish, it was new but we think like garden hose it had anti-fungal coating in it, so you do have to be careful with stuff that’s not rated for drinking water or made for animal use. I know a lot of that stuff could be fine, but I know I don’t take that chance

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I recognize this pump, or at least the picture. It's sold at Home Depot under another name. I've used it in my azureus tank for over a year. While the flow has decreased markedly, I haven't dug it out to clean it since I set it up. Then again, my azureus haven't shown any ill effects or died either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts