Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello somebody need some help regarding my golden mantellas, I purchased 5 froglets last year after have them for a few weeks one died, so that was four left, i designed a new viv for them with lots of cover and plants it was going ok when before the xmas I noticed one of them drowned in one on the broms, so I was down to 3, now the 3 have been living quite happily until this weekend I only notice 2 out and about cant see the third.The ones that are left is a female and one large male they are out and about and feeding, did the other male bully the 3rd male? can they do that?can they kill another male. I have them in a 2ft x 2ft viv with lots of room maybe too much room for two frogs, what do you think.
I also have two aurtaus that the been breeding great 3 group of eggs I've had from them all developing.

In the mantella tank there has been living a house spider cant get him out seems to not bother the frogs just cleans up any left over flies.

tx :confused:

·
Registered
315 Posts
You have two auratus in with the mantellas?

What is a "house spider"?

Mantellas are best kept in groups that are "male heavy" many keep 2 males to 1 female, as this promotes more natural breeding habits.

·
Registered
209 Posts
He says in his mantella tank making it sound like two seperate tanks. How long has the other guy been missing for? He may just be hiding out

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
You have two auratus in with the mantellas?

What is a "house spider"?

Mantellas are best kept in groups that are "male heavy" many keep 2 males to 1 female, as this promotes more natural breeding habits.
Yeah I think he was just saying that he has success with another species and has at least some experience.

As far as breeding goes, I've heard that smaller tanks than that are better. I'm guessing the frogs were WC?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts