Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and I was wondering what people did. I dont have anyone I can trust to open the tank and feed them. I saw that some people put cultures in the tanks but would it work for two weeks. When should I make up the culture? I have 18x 18x 24 tanks. Misting and humidity are all on timers so I'm set with that. Thanks

·
Registered
635 Posts
Hi, I am going on vacation for 2 weeks and I was wondering what people did. I dont have anyone I can trust to open the tank and feed them. I saw that some people put cultures in the tanks but would it work for two weeks. When should I make up the culture? I have 18x 18x 24 tanks. Misting and humidity are all on timers so I'm set with that. Thanks
You should be able to search methods people use when they went on a vacation. SE fruitflies sell auto feeders,but will crash since you have a misting system. There was a recent thread on putting a cultures in your viv. If you have a film canister, you can put some in the viv with a banana slice and add some ff and maggots. They will produce and your frogs will eat them. If you have springtails in your viv that also helps alot. Any other microfuana will deff help.

http://www.dendroboard.com/forum/food-feeding/71617-going-out-town-8-20th.html
thats a good thread

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Hey, well most people just feed a little extra the week before they leave, then the frogs not eat while their gone, but thats only good for up to around a week, sothat will not help you. You can leave cultures in the tank for the frogs, but I think your best bet would to have someone come over and feed for you. It's really not that hard. I used to have my neighbor that knows nothing about animals do it for me. I just tell her the basics and she was good. I now have a experienced frogger buddy of mine that comes and cares for my frogs when I'm away. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
27 Posts
we always have some one come feed for us also. We have never been gone for that period of time, so that would really be some thing to think about. Just in case something happened an they weren't able to get there.

·
Registered
599 Posts
IMO, if you don't have anyone that you can trust to feed them, you need better friends. Seriously.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts