Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Mass, and am going on a trip down to MD/VA, thereabouts, and would love to hear about cool places to visit anywhere in between - preferably along the lines of arboretums, botanical gardens, outdoor plantings, anything cool like that - leaving next week, so hope to get some extra ideas by then.
I go to collect plants twice or three times a year, which is the purpose of my going.
I know this is also a long shot, but will try to get some fishing in - bowfin, snakeheads, other unusual fish.
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
The National Aquarium in Baltimore is a nice place to see fish and dart frogs; they even have an open botanical garden type rainforest exhibit on the top floor with free roaming dart frogs that you can see!
Bryan

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
NAIB rocks! Definitely go there, just don't post anything when you get back about their mixed species tanks of dart frogs:rolleyes:

Oh, and if you go and check out the rainforest uptop.. watch out for what they call "the bug drop". The birds there have free range of the place and several times a day a keeper will come in and throw mealworms and crickets. etc for the birds to eat and you WILL get dive bombed.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been to the Natl Aq. in Baltimore - FUN place - especially up top! The plants were quite interesting as well.
I only saw the individual dart frog exhibits, though.
Keep the ideas coming!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts