Dendroboard banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I had purchased the bricks of coco fibre and frog moss and soaked them in water. It appears I used a little to much water and drained it out last night. This morning the product is still damp. I was hoping to be gluing all this onto my background today. Should the product be 100% dry? or is it fine to glue it while it is a bit damp?

Thanks

FR

·
Registered
137 Posts
You need to bake it in an over or lay it out for it dry COMPLETELY otherwise it won't stick to the silicone. I don't think there is a right temp to bake it at i did 350 until it was dry checking it ever 10mins or so. also if you put on baking sheet dont put a lot on the pan just a little like 1/4" otherwise it will take forever.

·
Registered
564 Posts
You need to bake it in an over or lay it out for it dry COMPLETELY otherwise it won't stick to the silicone. I don't think there is a right temp to bake it at i did 350 until it was dry checking it ever 10mins or so. also if you put on baking sheet dont put a lot on the pan just a little like 1/4" otherwise it will take forever.
+1 for baking it. I put aluminum foil over a baking sheet and spread out a thin layer to bake, stirring it up every 10-20 minutes till dry.....then do it all again with a new batch.

It takes a while, but it works much faster than trying to get it to air dry.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That i don't know i think you might be able to push it into cracks/crevices once everything is dry.
I am using peat moss, frog moss and coco fibre for my background...

The peat is dry as it came from a nursery. The coco fibre and frog moss came in bricks which had to be soaked.

I am not sure if it would be a good idea to bake the frog moss as it looks so nice and green ... I guess the best word would be 'ALIVE' and if i fry it at 300 degrees lol... it will probably die.

????? :confused:

·
Registered
564 Posts
When I buy bags of peat there is still moisture in the bag. If it's not 100% bone dry you'll want to bake that as well. Everything that you want to stick needs to be dry.

As far as the frog moss, do you know what exactly it is? Is it something shredded, or a pillow moss or something along those lines?

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I buy bags of peat there is still moisture in the bag. If it's not 100% bone dry you'll want to bake that as well. Everything that you want to stick needs to be dry.

As far as the frog moss, do you know what exactly it is? Is it something shredded, or a pillow moss or something along those lines?
the frog moss is shredded

·
Registered
137 Posts
I googled (haha) frog moss but that seems more like a terrestial moss then a moss you will want to put on the BG and you'll want to soak it and then just lay it on the substrate.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I googled (haha) frog moss but that seems more like a terrestial moss then a moss you will want to put on the BG and you'll want to soak it and then just lay it on the substrate.
I was going to put some not a lot on the background.... give it a different look

1 - 11 of 11 Posts