Dendroboard banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Another quick and cheap option is to use a 4 inch piece of packing tape. Stick an inch to the bottom side of the glass, an inch out, fold it back on top of itself, and an inch on the top of the glass. I am using this on a 20l that sits on the bottom shelf of a rack. Works perfect due to the fact that if the handle was on top of the glass, I would not be able to fully open the lid because my hand would get between the glass and the shelf above.

·
Registered
1,759 Posts
I don't put a hinge on my tops at all. The hinge makes it more difficult in tight situations. Without a hinge you can just slide the front glass back over the back glass when you need to get into the tank.

·
Registered
261 Posts
agreed with random, it's gonna be a regret later on for sure. You've got plenty of options here, all will do the same thing.

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Agreed. I keep them both loose when using a traditional style viv. Then I can leave the front in place and pull the back if that's what the situation requires. Or, I can pull them both.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The back glass has a small gap,big enough for ff to escape.The back glass section are also holding the mist nozzles.I guess I could run a small bead of silicone ,let dry then put glass over it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts