Dendroboard banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are prices on hardware stores glass? Like ace and all. And home improvement. I dont think there is a glass shop around me is the problem.

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
Ryan said:
What are prices on hardware stores glass? Like ace and all. And home improvement. I dont think there is a glass shop around me is the problem.

Thanks
Ryan
You won't get a good answer on this question, because it depends on where you live and what kind of shop you go to.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ACE or HomeDepot or Lowes. That better? Or do there prices vary from town to town?

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I chose not to get it from places like that because they only sold 1/8 inch. I found a local glass place, but it took a lot of calling. Prices were all over the place, from $3.75 pre sqft, to $7. The $3.75 has been great to me, I can call or fax in a order on monday and pick it up by wed on the way home from work.

Ryan said:

Thanks
Ryan

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
They vary depending on what area you live in. Expenses are going to be a lot more in Los Angeles CA than they are in Podunk WY. Higher expenses means higher prices, even for the big chain stores.

G

·
0 Posts
i have always found that a framing shop (like art and photography framing) will either sell you the glass you need, or tell you where you can get some in your area. i bet that even small photo studios in malls or department stores that offer framing can tell you the best place to get glass locally.

·
Registered
850 Posts
I get my glass from a local "Paint and Glass" shop. Two panes (I hinge them) of 1/8" glass to cover a ten gallon tank costs me $5. For a piece about 3 ft long and 2 ft wide (1/4" thick) only cost me like $30 or $35. I think these are pretty good prices. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Ryan, As someone else stated, you may be better off going to a class shop VS your mega home improvement stores. You can get glass of varying thickness and often they will cut the glass to fit your requirements.
Ed

G

·
0 Posts
look in the yellow pages for a glass company near you.... there should be plenty in orlando

1 - 10 of 10 Posts