Dendroboard banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive got a 150 gallon aquarium Im planing to turn into a viv. The top has two support rails, meaning the top has three separate sections, all about a two feet by two feet. The tank is about 2.5 feet high eyeballing it.

My question(s)
1. How thick of glass should I use for the lid ?
2. Is there any "certain type" of glass thats better than others ? I had glass cut for a bar I made, and I know they have tinted, frosted, etc. I assume clear glass is clear glass, and thats what I want as it best for the light getting through ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use tempered glass. It's thicker and will take any heat from lights. It's a little more exensive but worth it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.
Does the thickness of the glass affect the ability of the light/ uvb to pass through to the plants inside, or is this not really a concern ?

·
Registered
564 Posts
Thanks.
Does the thickness of the glass affect the ability of the light/ uvb to pass through to the plants inside, or is this not really a concern ?
UVB isn't necessary so I wouldn't worry about the glass blocking it. It would hinder the amount passing through the glass though. I use CFL's which don't really have much UVB, but I don't know what lights your planning.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts