Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... Has anyone got these from BlackJungle yet or on the list? I was too late and didn't know about them until recently :( but I'm probably gonna get some in the future. So if you have could you please post the pics of the set up and details on how your gonna keep them?
Thank you
Alex

·
Registered
370 Posts
Emailed UE yesterday. They said they are just now starting to morph out regularly but the list is very long so it will be a while.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Got 45 eggs of my Ecuadorian Espadarana cf. prosoblepon yesterday, within 48 hours of putting them in a rainchamber. I'm really excited.

It looks like many are developing, but I will have to be a bit more patient to be sure.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Dibs on your first morph outs Jake! :D I'm planning on doing what you did but having a little "seep"/"stream" on the upper level of the tank and then having a pond on the bottom. You think that would work for some glass frogs?

·
Registered
253 Posts
Centrolenids tend to stay close to small water sources year round. This is usually a shallow stream, drainage ditch, or permanently flooded area. You do not by any means need a water source to successfully maintain them in captivity but it will be necessary for breeding. If you have a large enough permanent enclosure you can breed them in that by including a few inches of standing water with a little circulation (they don't require much) into your design and with frequent/cycled mistings (they may not even need cycling to breed). However if space is an issue I would recommend not using a water feature in their year round enclosure and moving them to a rain chamber for breeding.

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Dibs on your first morph outs Jake! :D I'm planning on doing what you did but having a little "seep"/"stream" on the upper level of the tank and then having a pond on the bottom. You think that would work for some glass frogs?
I've got at least one local who's been ****ing his pants trying to get me to get some breeding going so he can get a group of them. Sorry ;)

The pond is pretty important for these guys (breeding), however the stream from the top seems like a waste of space for me. If you're concerned about maintaining high humidity or getting a rain fuction I think the rain chamber idea would be ideal. Seriously, just a pond with glass and some broad leafed plants over it is perfectly adequate (perhaps even ideal) for these guys.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got at least one local who's been ****ing his pants trying to get me to get some breeding going so he can get a group of them. Sorry ;)

The pond is pretty important for these guys (breeding), however the stream from the top seems like a waste of space for me. If you're concerned about maintaining high humidity or getting a rain fuction I think the rain chamber idea would be ideal. Seriously, just a pond with glass and some broad leafed plants over it is perfectly adequate (perhaps even ideal) for these guys.
Damn! So close! :D What do you mean by a pond with glass? A pond closed in by glass?

1 - 20 of 44 Posts