Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this tonight in my valerioi tank wile feeding them. Funny since I was about to move them into a rain chamber, but they beat me to it. It looks like this mass has been around for a little wile to since I can already see the embryos moving around.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
That's awesome, good luck with the tadpoles when they hatch!
Bryan

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Great job..... Good luck with them. Still waiting on some action with mine.

Any pictures of your set-up?

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
I've only gotten a significant amount of call for me thus far. I'd be interested in knowing the amount of ventilation you're using as well as your misting and feeding routine.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are some pictures of their enclosure, a 30 gal vert.

Here is a slightly better picture of the egg mass

As far as my misting routine, they are on the same misting system as all of my tanks which mists 4 times a day (once in the morning, afternoon, late evening and late night/early morning) with each session lasting between 1-3 mins. They are being fed mostly on hydei along with crickets occasionally. Now I have to scramble and get the tadpole system setup in time for these guys.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Radical man! Thats sweet that you have those breeding, I hope their gonna be gonna be for sale once they get to sub adult :D

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the complements everyone! Just so you all know before I get more PM's about it, I don't plan on starting a wait list on these for some time. Since this is my first clutch and considering Glass Frog tadpoles can take anywhere from 3 months to a year to develop it will be some time, and a lot of trial and error before I would feel comfortable taking names down (but Jeremy you are more then welcome to some of the tadpoles once they emerge and you are back on your feet).

·
Registered
96 Posts
Awesome! Did you notice a rain storm or pressure drop right before they laid?

I have notice increased breeding in my treefrogs, and increased calling in my darts when a storm is approaching.

Dan

·
Registered
4,749 Posts
good luck man. I have a video somewhere of Brian showing and talking about how he raises his. Or just email him. From what I understand it may take a while but otherwise is pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
109 Posts
What is the adult behavior like? ie are they reclusive, do they use most of tank, are they out in the day, and what is their call like? Sorry for the barrage, but I can't find any existing species info or caresheets due to their rarity.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts