0 Posts
I got my 1" glass drill bit and other cutting tools from:

jmkdisplays.homestead.com

You might want to check there and compare prices[/url]

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the tips guys. I think i'll stick with harbor freight, they seem to be the cheapest.

G

·
0 Posts
Are you using these bits? I wouldn't use these.

The diamond hole saw bits are worth the money. They last longer and will save you a lot of time.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Ben, Adam and I had a conversation about drilling glass on the way back from the Philly zoo this past weekend and it seemed common consesus is that you get what you pay for. The cheaper bits will get you a couple holes and then you'll be looking for another.

And, like Ben said - don'y use the triangular shaped bits. Definitely go with hole saws.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The only thing I could figure is quality. I decided it would be safer to buy the more expensive ones as i KNEW the quality on those is good (per others experiences with them), whereas with the cheaper ones it is a bit iffier.

I didn't want to ruin any tanks, I guess that was the biggest determining factor for me, and i figured that with a more expensive, higher quality bit, that would be less likely.

I purchased two bits from Ameriglass and couldn't be happier with them after having drilled 8 holes.

Hope that helps.

This post was edited to correct a typo.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts