Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I am new here stumpled upon the board looking for Paludarium information...

anyway, I am building one as we speak and have probably another day-day and half of work and then a couple of days to let it all run...

here is my problem and my question... we are going to be traveling and going to the store where I can get the frogs this weekend....

would it be a problem to get the frogs and house them temporarily in another spare tank until I am finished with their home? it would be a simple 10 gallon tank with bare minimum needed.... and only for a few days...

i am getting fire belly toads, so nothing exotic or really that demanding but this is probably the only chance I have to get them for quite a while as the store is a ways away and we will not be going back anytime soon... thanks

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
It's not a bad idea to house your frogs in a temporary container before putting them in their permanent home. That way you can watch them and make sure they are healthy before they go into your viv. If a frog shows he's sick after he goes into the viv, you'll have to tear it all down, sanitize it and start over.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I agree. FBT are very hardy and they will be fine in a 10 gal. They like a lot of fresh water so you might have to change it daily.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts