Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurray, i'm getting a bribri from pumilio.com! How do you guys think I should initially raise it (i.e. rubbermaid, tiny tank, etc). Do you guys have any tips on keeping these frogs, or froglets? Thanks, Jordan

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, can someone give me a model number and picture of a rubbermaid or sterilite or something like that that you guys use and think would be good for keeping a bribri froglet in. Also, should I poke holes in the top? Thanks.

Jordan

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
I use critter keepers for my young/quarantine frogs. I like the large size New World Habitat by Penn-Plax, though others work just as well. The large size ones are 4 gallons, and cost about $10-$12 depending on where you purchase them. I like them better than Rubbermaids because they're clear, and it's easy to check up on your charges without having to open the container. Here's a link from herpsupplies.com:

http://www.herpsupplies.com/product.cfm?id=SPPNW45

Here's mine, and how I have them set up:

This picture shows them with bromeliads in there, but I learned the hard way that's not a good idea. There's not enough ventilation, and they rotted. So stick to pothos or heart leaf philodendron.

·
Registered
1,921 Posts
I have no experience with bri bri but with blue jeans froglets, I've had bad luck rearing them in critter keepers or sterlite tubs. I've had much better luck rearing them in planted 10gal. tanks, preferably supplied with a UVB light source.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Years ago I had blue jeans (on loan for a study) and kept them in a 5.5 gal quarantine and starter tank. Once they were acclimated, done with quarantine and eating well, I used a modified 10 gal tank. Essentially it was two 10 gal tanks on top of each other. It worked well for the time I had them. I like a glass tank for the clarity and the weight of the tank.
Mike

1 - 5 of 5 Posts