Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to mantellaman I'm getting back into keeping Mantella's. Nearly 3 years ago I hit a rough spot and sold all of my groups to him. Now I have my degree full time job and a house. Perfect combination to get back into working with these guys. Managed to get cb pulchra and laevigata from him, and picked up a small wc baroni group at a recent show. Feels great having them again.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Had Mantellas 20 yrs ago. could never keep them alive. had painted and orange. what is different in keeping these over darts. wouldn't mind trying them again in the future. John

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Personally I don't view their care that much different from keeping darts. A few species like slightly drier conditions, others can withstand warmer temperatures, others cannot. Biggest thing is looking at the requirements of each species.

I think the most difficult thing with Mantellas is that most you find easily are fresh WC's so you have the difficulty of acclimating and treating for potential parasites. Once past that I find most pretty hardy.

Its nice seeing more cb available and I forsee people having better luck with them. Hopefully more and more people will get into them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts