Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
These 4" Herp Utility Fans from LightYourReptiles.com have many uses!
They come in handy in any herp room and just in time for Summer.

Heavy Duty Metal Construction.
35 cfm, 110 volt, LOW Noise, LOW Vibration and only 12 Watts!
Generous 6ft cord.

Its the perfect fan for circulating air to cool lights in dart frog and bakers rack set-ups.
Zip tie / twist tie mounting kit included.
Mount on underside of bakers rack shelves to blow air over lights and under vivariums.

Aim fan over T-5 fixtures and fluorescent light fixtures. Cooler fluorescent lights mean bulbs last much, much longer. Especially with the HO T-5 bulbs.

These Herp utility fans from LightYourReptiles.com are better and more economical than computer fans for many applications...with no extra 12 volt transformer to have to purchase and then have burn out.

Jet Black fan goes especially well with black metal bakers racks.
I also have the Silver/Gray ones for those of you that have chrome bakers racks. Satisfaction Guaranteed. 1 Year Warranty.

12.99 + shipping for one, 2 for 22.99 + shipping
Visit lightyourreptiles.com to purchase.
Paypal, MasterCard, Visa, American Express all accepted.

Thanks for looking.
Todd

PS. IR / Laser TEMP GUNS DUE IN NEXT WEEK $24.99!! Reg. 29.99 Limited quantities.
E-mail me if you want me to hold you one. [email protected]

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
How do they hold up in tanks and towwards high humidity? Looking for an option for some in tank circulation but dont want to start a fire.

·
Registered
658 Posts
I have a couple of those. Our local Target sells them for $9.99. They do work good, but don't direct them into the viv. I did that and my moss wilted and died.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How do they hold up in tanks and towwards high humidity? Looking for an option for some in tank circulation but dont want to start a fire.
They would not be for in tank use. Plus, 35 CFM is actually a fair amount of airflow.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a couple of those. Our local Target sells them for $9.99. They do work good, but don't direct them into the viv. I did that and my moss wilted and died.
*sigh*... and they still probably make way more money off them than I do... since they buy them by the gross x 10... and I only order them in by the doz. :(

But, I plan to carry these year round and I honor the 1 year warrentee. :)
And I send enough zip ties to mount them so you don't have spend an extra 3 or 4 bucks for allot those if you didn't already have some. :)

Also, good point. They are good for cooling lights and the outside of a viv. True, a little air could deflect and circulate into your viv, but I wouldn't over encourage that or point them down in it or anything like that. At least not for frogs.
Big enclosures with big lizards would be a different story.

BTW, I am going to use a few myself in the room my vivs are in to help circulate the air from the A/C around in the room, so all the cold air doesn't end up hanging low near the floor.

Cheers,
Todd

·
Registered
3,798 Posts
if its any consolation, i DO use them INside my plant propagation tanks. and theyve done pretty well under the humidity. although this is obviously not what the product was designed to do.

james

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
if its any consolation, i DO use them INside my plant propagation tanks. and theyve done pretty well under the humidity. although this is obviously not what the product was designed to do.

james
But I am sure you have them going to a GFI plug .....

Be Safe!

I can afford to lose any potential customers by electrocution, James.

:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts