Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
Crabs are definately pretty cool. My roomate has a couple and his crabs seem to be very hardy and easy to take care of. Interesting too.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks everyone! Modor - yeah we'll have to set up a time for you to swing by.

I've still got to shoot updated photos of the full tank, but heres one of it when I first introduced the crabs back in the end of may. You can tell from the video, there has been a lot of growth since then.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
oooh, the tank is fabulous.
so, after i finish the two 18x18x24's and the 20 gallon for the gecko that is a klutz and the furniture conversion for the geckos...I want to make a crab palu. They are beautiful and the tank is great.

Can you talk to me about filth and food? How much effort to maintain water quality is needed? What sort of filtration? Will the crabs eat deceased food?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Very nicely done...mine looks like crap compared to that... I did a clay background and pushed a few burrows in. They really like them.
haha i liked your setup! i saw your write up on that 'slow' forum.. how are your crabs doing?

trust me.. mine's pretty wack right now. mellow's put mine to shame so.. i may have another go at it soon :D

·
Registered
29 Posts
I was looking for some vampire crabs before getting into darts, I think they're extremely interesting. Enjoy them!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts