Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried this in their vivs, I just bought a pack of 6 bricks, and am wondering if it's ok for frogs to come into contact with. It's Styrofoam Brand Gentle Grip Standard thir site is http://www.styrofoamcrafts.com , I think it's just green styrofoam, but I'm not positive. I was planning on using it in place of gravel on one tank just to test it out, gravel, screen, substrate. But I can't find anything about what it is exactly unless it is just styrofoam. Any opinions would be welcome. I'd also be curious as to what people thought of partially hollowing it for live plants so they can be planted deeper os sloping it and having a water feature. It does float and has a powdery sand texture to it.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Floral foam sucks! It will dissolve from moisture, crumble up, and the sandy dust will end up hurting your frogs. I would never use it around any animals. The green sandy stuff that comes off would end up making its way to your frogs mouths... Im sure would cause stomach impactions or some other problem. Its good for flower arrangements though!
If you have to use foam, I would use the pink insulation foam (sometimes its blue).

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, good to see someone has an opinion on it. I'll keep that in mind. ANd let's see what others have to say too.

·
Registered
561 Posts
I agree, if it the same stuff they used years ago, under the brand name oasis. I think that you would have issues with it breaking apart and being abrasive to the animals. Plus the stuff gets nasty if it stays wet for long (months) periods of time. I think there are many better and safer options.
Ed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts