Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been keeping galacts a little while, but most are still juvies. I have a group of 4 orange galacts though, I think they are about 18 months or so old? I'll have to double check my records to be sure. I physically saw and heard one calling tonight. Their calls are pretty faint, reminds me of tinc calls a little. I think either 1 or 2 more were calling that were hidden, but I couldn't tell if that was them, or my mind playing tricks on me. My rooms is a little noisy with other frogs, and turtle pumps and such, so its a little hard to hear. My question is is there really any size/bdy different between male and female galacts? I hate having 1.0.3.. lol. I like to know how many males and females I have. 3 of them are a little longer and slender, while the other is quite chubby and stubby. Would you suggeset the short fat stubby one is a female and the others are males? The one I saw calling was one of the longer more slender ones. Thanks if you guys can help.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
ive go the same problem... i have NO clue what sex mine are and they are now about 10 months old... good luck and hope you have a few more males than you think you do ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Chris,
I am in the same boat. I have a group of four that are around 12-18 months old and have heard calling but I have not been able to spot the male. For now it's a 1.0.3. I don't care if they start breeding anytime soon but I would really like to know the male/female ratio.

Doug

·
Registered
321 Posts
I'm in the same boat. I have 4 yellow Galacts around 15months OOW. I do see them both paired off at times. But i have no clue as which one is male/female. 2 are larger than the other so I assume I might have 2 pairs.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts