Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys. im pretty much new to the vivarium world and i have a mold question. today i notice on the roots of my bromiliads there was some white fuzzy mold growing on them, however it brushed right off. the broms which are neoregelia are mounted against a peatmoss background. do yall think too much water is collecting by contact of the roots and the background cuasing mold to develope. should i place some dry sphagnum moss around the roots to absorb excess moisture? i do not have any springtails yets since its much too cold to order.

thanks yall

·
Registered
78 Posts
I noticed the save thing the other day, so today I put a thousand our so springs around them and I'm going its all good. Is it like stringy and whitish?

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. sorry no pics. however i just saw a photo of a neoregelia root system and it did shed some light. so im thinking it was a combination of both mold and new roots bc i notice the white fuzzy cobweb material all on the roots and as well on the the new pup sprouting which is around an inch from the mother plant now

1 - 4 of 4 Posts