Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone see in the future the exportation of the pumilio just stoping out of no where for what ever reasons. I have plans on buying some eventually but feel like I need to get them soon in fear of some ban being put on them leaving there country.

·
Registered
173 Posts
pumilio

I think they got permission to export about 5000 for this year. I'm guessing they'll be available through the end of the year on a regular basis.
Some of the special morphs that were promised haven't come in yet have they? I thought there were some white and black, and yellow and black to come in.
Also, people that have gotten them and realize they have too many, or they aren't pairs might start selling them off.

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Fear not

The frogs are out there, you just have to ask around. However, there are many people providing F1's and captive bred specimens. I can think of two people right away that you should contact if interested. The Arizona Dendrobate Ranch http://www.azdr.com or Patrick Nabors of Saurian Enterprises. They have many great pumilio to offer, you may have a waiting list, but trust me, it is well worth it. As I am forgetting other talented breeders and keepers I'm sure more people will add their posts as names come to mind.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
As the "farm" raised keep coming the price keeps dropping. I think 75.00 to 100.00 for a pumilio is a fair price and you should jump on it or get c.b. The imports could stop at any time. All it would take is for CITES to find a violation. It amazes me that all of the frogs coming from Panama are adults. If they are really farming them you would expect some juveniles and subadults. I'm not a pumiliio expert but expect c.b. might be a better buy in the long run.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
6 Black and Whites came in but glenn wasnt the one to get them, Glenn told me this himself (he seemed pretty pissed off that he wasnt the one to get them). Many people actually have problems breeding cb pumilio, I know alot of people prefer "farm raised" pumilio because they are better breeders. I personally wont buy any farm raised pumilio until they get to atleast $75.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts