Dendroboard banner

FUN GUY

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  booga 
#1 ·
Every now and then something pops up in a terrarium that is just as interesting as the frogs. This is a set of photos that were taken over about 2 hours. It was really cool to watch. One of the reasons i hate to clean the glass.....

See less See more
#10 ·
i think you are totally right on the slime mold thing, at least that is what i thought it was....it comes and goes and leaves a few super tiny fruiting bodies behind....and it does grow faster than i think a true fungus could grow....this does however ruin my clever title...after looking back to my margulis and schwartz 5 kingdoms, i would have to say it is a plasmodial slime mold which they consider to be in the kingdom protoctista as opposed to fungi....wa wa wa....

#12 ·
Yeah, either way they are really cool. I love it when I see natural growth in my vivs. I get 'shrooms every month or so in my larger casti viv, and the flushes continue for several weeks. Usually the springtails break 'em down before the next shrooms pop up, though. :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.