Dendroboard banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So finally started to take some full tank shots. This isnt all of my tanks, just the beginning, some need to be redone or have improvements made, but I will try to keep it updated as things grow in. Feel free to ask any questions about construction or plants (most of the plants are all propagations I have done).

**New means they were just built and planted recently so nothing has grown in, etc.

Ancon Hill:

Green Foot Leucs:

El Cope Auratus:

Yellow Splashback Galacts:

New Yellow Splashback Galacts:

New Oragne Spalshback Galacts:

Awesome plant - tree fern! - going in a tank with Turquoise and Bronze Auratus:

New Fine Spot Leucs Tank:

New Red Splashback Galact Tank:

New Mebalo Auratus Tank:

New Highland Auratus Tank (looks a lot darker than it is):

Matecho Tank (they are too jumpy to take out the glass):

Super Blue Auratus Tank (needs some trimming):

Campana Auratus Tank:

Azureus Tank (1 of 3):

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Great shots! Are they all 10 gallons? 18x18x18s?
I am sure the frogs love it (if you can ever see em!!)
I also love the felted pepperomia in the y. galact tank. Do you find them on the leaves? I have one but have worried about it melting in a viv.
Got a full room shot?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great shots! Are they all 10 gallons? 18x18x18s?
I am sure the frogs love it (if you can ever see em!!)
I also love the felted pepperomia in the y. galact tank. Do you find them on the leaves? I have one but have worried about it melting in a viv.
Got a full room shot?
The tanks are all different sizes... the first four are 30g cubes, all the *new* tanks are 18x24x24, and then the last couple are smaller 20g that are about 16x16x16. I will get some shots of some of my larger tanks soon (4 65g front openers and then a big 18x48x36).

I actually see most of the frogs daily. If I dont see them, I know where most hide now and can catch a glimpse of them usually.

The felted pep has been in there for a LONG time and hasnt melted or had any issue, actually seems to be thriving and the frogs love climbing on it.

I will get some full room shots eventually... right now it is very cluttered as we have been moving around tanks and reoganizing to make room for more :)

·
Registered
975 Posts
Are all the backgrounds cork and clay?or is the cork siliconed then just stuffed with moss?
What is that incredibly red plant in the campana tank?

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are all the backgrounds cork and clay?or is the cork siliconed then just stuffed with moss?
What is that incredibly red plant in the campana tank?
There are several types of backgrounds. The first couple tanks have clay and cork (clay is a pain IMO and not worth the hassle and weight). All of the *new* tanks have cork that was just layed in, and then great stuffed around and then the great stuff was carved and I used a mixture of that new exo-terra tree fern fiber I got from Joshs mixed with wood glue which seems to have worked very well. And then the smaller tanks that were last have a baked cork product for the background that you can just cut to size and silicone in, plants root easily on it, and frogs seem fine with it.

The red plant is Begonia thelmae, it is acutally the underside of the leaves that is red. Definitely an awesome plant though, I will have lots available in the spring when shipping is good again.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Is that all Rhaphidiphora in the Azureus tank?! All the tanks look great, and I like that tree fiber on the great stuff! Pictures of all of those amazing frogs? :D

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that all Rhaphidiphora in the Azureus tank?! All the tanks look great, and I like that tree fiber on the great stuff! Pictures of all of those amazing frogs? :D
The azureus tank has Pellionia pulchra on the back wall. It grows very similar to most shinglers though.

I had posted some frogs before a week or so ago, will try to get some more, the lighting in my tanks isnt very good and I dont want to spend money on a flash right now.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Did you just use regular cork bulletin board in one set up?
Nope. Some of the tanks have a cork sheet in them, it is similar to a bulletin board material, but it is much chunkier and is autoclaved. Very cool product, not always the most appealing visually, but plants can quickly cover it.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Nope. Some of the tanks have a cork sheet in them, it is similar to a bulletin board material, but it is much chunkier and is autoclaved. Very cool product, not always the most appealing visually, but plants can quickly cover it.
Exactly, BG's only look good when there are no plants on them. Most of us really do spend a lot on different bg's just to have them consumed by the plants. If I were doing a bunch of tanks at once I would use bulletin board.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Exactly, BG's only look good when there are no plants on them. Most of us really do spend a lot on different bg's just to have them consumed by the plants. If I were doing a bunch of tanks at once I would use bulletin board.
I dont think I would use actual bulletin board material, it is too thin, this product is about an inch thick. Also, I dont know what they use to bind the cork on bulletin board material and if it would hold up to the temp and humidity.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts