Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a nice culture of fruit flies going and I am not sure what I did but this morning they were all dead. I am thinking that maybe the room they were in got too cold. The problem is that I have a Dendrobates azureus coming in wednesday and I fear I wont have anything to feed him! What else would I be able to feed him temporarily until I get more flies. I know no one around that has fruit flies available.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Helps if people know were you are. You might be surprised and find someone close that can help you out.

Adults or froglets?

Casper

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Helps if people know were you are. You might be surprised and find someone close that can help you out.

Adults or froglets?

Casper
It is an azureus froglet. I am located in Maine.

Hopefully people have some suggestions.

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Has your froglet shipped yet? You may want to consider contacting the breeder and asking if he will hold it for a few more weeks. Culturing can take a little while to get the hang of, its best to practice for at least a month before getting frogs (I learned this the hard way:eek:) If its too late to delay shipping, you can try local petstores, they sometimes carry small cultures. If this doesn't work you could try contacting any local colleges, zoos, etc...they may be able to help you out.
Good Luck!

·
Registered
681 Posts
If you have any petco's or petsmarts by you give them a call, some of them have small cultures of f. flies. Or any mom and pop pet stores, they may have pin head crickets. But they may be to big for the little guy.

Or call the seller and have them delay shipping, or have flies shipped with him.

Casper

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys!

I just contact Petco and they have some in stock. Yay for good luck. Hopefully there are some live ones in the tiny culture. I also ordered some online that should arrive Friday the latest

1 - 6 of 6 Posts