Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I'm new to the hobby of keeping dart frogs and I want to say thanks for all the great information on this board. I'm going to be setting up my terrarium soon and want to make sure I can provide plenty of food for the frogs (probably tincs or leucamelas). My question is what percentage of the diet can be composed of FF's. I understand that varying the diet is beneficial to the frogs but I was curious if anyone feeds their frogs exclusively or nearly so on FFs. Thanks again

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
tincs > lecs

I know some may not agree but I think Tincs are better than leucs as a starter frog... If your getting the frogs to b/c you want to enjoy/watching them... definitely get tincs... both are easy to keep, just in my experience the leucs are incredibly shy wheras the tincs are always out and about and dont shy away even when my hand is mere inches away from them. Not only does this make it 100x easier to *enjoy* your frogs, you will definitely notice any problems much sooner. My leucs may be especially shy I'm not sure. If you prefer the way the leucs look definitely get them, but I think the tincs/azureus are better if you want something to watch/display.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
YOUR IN ORLANDO! lol, Termites everywhere bud. You shouldnt have any probs supplying other food. Trust me.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ryan said:
YOUR IN ORLANDO! lol, Termites everywhere bud. You shouldnt have any probs supplying other food. Trust me.
Any suggestions on locating them would be greatly appreciated. Seems like most of the area close to town are privately owned and folks would frown on looking around their property. Thanks for any advice.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Ask, and if not go to some woods out around clermont and ocalla where there is alot of woods. I just go on private :twisted: If they catch you ill just tell em i am removing termites. Got caught once and they were actually pleased with what i was doing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts