Dendroboard banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the best recipe out there for fruit fly media? i need something easy, cheap, and that doesnt smell. if you know of one please send me a step by step and the ingredients. thanks

·
Registered
502 Posts
what is the best recipe out there for fruit fly media? i need something easy, cheap, and that doesnt smell. if you know of one please send me a step by step and the ingredients. thanks
I cant really give you a recipe since I purchase mine, but im pretty sure a quick search with the search function will help since i've seen a couple of recipe posts recently.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Ya know, I was just inquiring that! I got a lot of pm's about just buying repashy. I got a recipe though from...

----Kevin D----
"1 cup of powdered sugar
4 teaspoons Methyl paraben (mold inhibitor)
8 cups potato flakes
1 cup of brewers yeast
1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon"

Haven't tried it yet, as this was a couple of days ago.

Their might be some great deals on ff media right now (black/cyber weekend) you could buy in the meantime while you figure it out.

Let me know if something works for ya....tommy

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Ya know, I was just inquiring that! I got a lot of pm's about just buying repashy. I got a recipe though from...

----Kevin D----
"1 cup of powdered sugar
4 teaspoons Methyl paraben (mold inhibitor)
8 cups potato flakes
1 cup of brewers yeast
1-2 tablespoons of cinnamon"

Haven't tried it yet, as this was a couple of days ago.

Their might be some great deals on ff media right now (black/cyber weekend) you could buy in the meantime while you figure it out.

Let me know if something works for ya....tommy
That would be your basic Carolina recipe. It's cheap and very effective. The Methyl paraben helps with the smell just because you don't need vinegar and as a preservative, preventing mold. The Cinnamon also helps keep the smell down.

·
Registered
701 Posts
NEHerp has really good FF media, i've gotten great results and you don't have to mix it, just add water to media and soak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts