Dendroboard banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently got in to the whole furit fly culturing thing and I have a few questions and if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreciated. I got a culture already started from eds fly meat and the same day I got it I started 2 cultures and 1 of them is producing like crazy. Will too many flies in the container(32 oz.) be to stressful? Also the media is almost to wet and alot of them are sticking in the media, what should I do? Ive already made a new culture from it. Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Too many flies in a culture will cause the culture to crash. You need to dump some out (in your fish tank or toilet).

If it is really soupy, try using a little less water or using coffee filters. Amount of water is dependent on temp/humidity so you need to find your right mix. I like mine to stay in the cup when I pour out flies :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
When I get a culture that become too wet I dump an appropriate amount of dry potato flakes into the cup and tap it to the bottom. They will absorb excess moisture and dry the culture to the right point..

Alan

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if im using the media from Ed's. Do the same thing still?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts