Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People on here always talk about cultures unexpectantly crashing. How often are people really experiencing this? This past summer I put some cultures by an air conditioner (out of laziness) and they got some mold and were slow producing, but besides that, I really haven't had trouble with any of my cultures just crashing. Just wondering.

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
Out of the half dozen or so jars I make a week, sometimes one or two hydei cultures will fail to take off. I have never experienced a crash, though I did have mold problems to begin with.

G

·
0 Posts
Well when I first started making cultures I had a few develope mold and crap out on me, but I changed the way I make my cultures now using half water and half vinegar, since doing this I have not had a single one crash on me since. Maybe for those that do have a problem should give it a try. Just an idea :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
Well when I first started making cultures I had a few develope mold and crap out on me, but I changed the way I make my cultures now using half water and half vinegar, since doing this I have not had a single one crash on me since. Maybe for those that do have a problem should give it a try. Just an idea :lol:

G

·
0 Posts
I've never had a culture crash on me, but some of them just suck. I usually make 2 or 3 cultures a week, and every once in a while one of the cultures will have a miserable production. as far as I can tell they are identical to the other cultures, so I don't really know what's going on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts