Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i bought a bag of the repashy fruit fly mix and have followed it to the T. Ive used both excelsior and coffee filters and still cannot get them to reproduce i need help ASAP

·
Registered
635 Posts
wow thats wierd... Pics would be helpfull. I just ordered Repashy Media. Hopefully, it works for me.:eek:

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
So what is happening?

What kind of flies....

do you get maggots?

What temperature are you keeping them?

Ed

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Still not enough info. As many details as you can if you want good help. We don't even know how old the culture is yet. Is it just one culture or has it been a repeating problem? Do you have experience culturing flies or is this your first attempt. How soon after mixing the media did you spike the flies?

·
Registered
321 Posts
^lol to above post. Yes more information is needed to determine the action needed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
im pretty sure its a mite problem. but i had 2 cultures from Joshs Frogs and i was using those to make more cultures. but i think ive only made about 4 other cultures so yes im new to this. I would wait prolly 45 minutes to an hour to put the flies into the media mix. i would wait 10 ish days and they would make the larvas on the wall but it seems like they would then just die within a few days.

·
Registered
19,318 Posts
When they "die" are you seeing brown cylinders on the sides of the containers?

Ed

1 - 9 of 9 Posts