Dendroboard banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is is significant that my luecs are sleeping in the same spot for the first time. They are almost always separate doing there own thing including sleeping, but today the are in the same brom in the same leaf all on top of each other. It is not like they are old enough to breed they are only 3 months ootw. My thoughts are they just both like the same spot what do you think?

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Yea that really doesn't have any significance in terms of breeding or anything at that age. I guess that particular sleeping spot is especially attractive to them; I've had several frogs all sleep right next to each other in different axils of one bromeliad if it appealed to them.
Bryan

·
Registered
502 Posts
Yea that really doesn't have any significance in terms of breeding or anything at that age. I guess that particular sleeping spot is especially attractive to them; I've had several frogs all sleep right next to each other in different axils of one bromeliad if it appealed to them.
Bryan
Does it have any significance if the frogs are of older age?

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Bryan
Its funny looking because 2 tiny frogs stuffed in one spot in this huge (16 inches across) brom

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Does it have any significance if the frogs are of older age?
Not particularly. More often than not I'd say my breeders sleep separately, but they occasionally do sleep together.

To the OP- try adding a couple more hides and see if they keep sleeping together... it's possible that they aren't happy with the other hides available to them.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Full tank shot

·
Premium Member
3,661 Posts
Why?

Or if you prefer:
Que? Warum? Pourquoi?
Because they reproduce by sending up more leaves out of the center instead of pups, long thin leaves, kind of like a new center axil, which eventually turns into a tall "tube" sticking up from the middle, and just the perfect size for young frogs to fall face first down into and get stuck and drown, learned this by experience.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Because they reproduce by sending up more leaves out of the center instead of pups, long thin leaves, kind of like a new center axil, which eventually turns into a tall "tube" sticking up from the middle, and just the perfect size for young frogs to fall face first down into and get stuck and drown, learned this by experience.
easy solution I will cut the pup before it gets tall it is starting to grow now or I can pull it out I have no need to have more than one of these in the tank.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My 2 leucs cuddle up in the same Neoregelia Pauciflora x Kauketsyi every night, whether they are in the same axil or different. it looks so funny.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sorry to hear this but thank you for sharing the info.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts