Dendroboard banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My darts hate when FFs climb on them while feeding. It always amuzes me when I watch the dart angrily swat the fly off, and then hastily eat it as if to punish the FF for climbing on it! Has anyone else seen this? I just think it is hilarious!

JBear

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya my yellowback has been doing it franticly.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
My Tincs, Vitts and Leucs HATE FFs on them. Every time, they will deliberately eat the fly that was on them instead of the others crawling about. Thanks for the reply! Glad to know others watch their frogs and see things!

JBear

·
Registered
169 Posts
He also does not like his vitamins and will spit out dusted flies sometimes. BAD FROG!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He also does not like his vitamins and will spit out dusted flies sometimes. BAD FROG!

I haven't seen that, but sorry! Perhaps a finer coat of vit/mins? I shake the hell out of my flies to get it as thinly coated as possible. I dust every feeding though...

JBear

·
Registered
359 Posts
Same thing with FF here, but they are tolerant towards collembola. While dinner Tinctorius shoots collembola from eachother but don't panic.

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
My darts hate when FFs climb on them while feeding. It always amuzes me when I watch the dart angrily swat the fly off, and then hastily eat it as if to punish the FF for climbing on it! Has anyone else seen this? I just think it is hilarious!

JBear
Hahahahaha. My luecs hate it when fruit flies crawl on them. They swat them off immediately. Instead of eating them though, they hop like hell to high ground. Scardy Cats!

Seriously though, they retreat for a minute before they hop back to the feast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts