Dendroboard banner

101 - 120 of 153 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,986 Posts
Not seeing any images in this thread. Am I the only one?
I think you are. Looks like the photos are imbedded and link to a sharing site, so likely a browser setting or extension is holding you up. Try a different browser.

·
Registered
Dendrobates Tinctorus “Azureus”, Epipedobates Anthonyi “Santa Isabel”, and also myself.
524 Posts
Not seeing any images in this thread. Am I the only one?
It might be a visual glitch. Reset the page, exit the tab, or restart your device.

If that doesn’t work, you’re probably going to have to talk to a moderator or administrator.

EDIT: I literally just saw SM’s post. Sorry ‘bout that!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I can see them now I'm on my home computer. I think the IT guys must have something in place on my work computer that screws it up, that'll teach me for looking at Frogs when I should be working!
Apologies for the slight derail of your thread Tijl, beautiful images from what I've seen so far!

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
I can see them now I'm on my home computer. I think the IT guys must have something in place on my work computer that screws it up, that'll teach me for looking at Frogs when I should be working!
Apologies for the slight derail of your thread Tijl, beautiful images from what I've seen so far!
No worries, thanks for the compliment!

Feel free to add some thoughts on the new scape!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Loving the look of the new scape. Reminds me of the base of a tree from a South American jungle! Will look awesome with plants, moss, and some Oophaga!

·
Super Moderator
2,464 Posts
The hardscape result so far :

Details :

I might change a few things, the scape still has to sink in a bit but I like the direction so far.
I don't want to scape the top of the vivarium since i'll be using 2 large bromeliads which will cover the top area.

Let me know what you guys think! Advice and feedback is much appreciated.
Looks really good. What are you planning to use as substrate?
I have a new build starting soon(I hope) this has given me some inspiration :).

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Same as the other builds : gravel. 😄

I'm thinking of using sand around the edges to hide the pondfoam. But I'm not yet 100% convinced on this idea

Awesome! Can't wait to see some shots!

·
Registered
501 Posts
I'm thinking of using sand around the edges to hide the pondfoam. But I'm not yet 100% convinced on this idea
I had considered using pea gravel to hide the filter foam in my latest false bottom design, but in a previous version that's been running for a year, exposed gravel has been a good place for algae to grow.

Whether or not it does the same between the glass and the filter foam remains to be seen because the 2nd version doesn't hold as much moisture against the glass, but I think long term I can either live with the foam and scrape the glass if need be, or just cover it from the outside with a vinyl wrap or something.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
New(ish) grow out setup!

Already fixed the upper tanks and filled up to upper 2 rows with juveniles.

Today i'll be finishing up the remaining tank and moving the remaining offspring from their plastic growout tanks to their new enclosures

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 · (Edited)
Been working on (cleaning, scaping, replanting, rewiring, you name it..) an older dutch rana 80x50x80 PALUDARIUM for the last 2 days.
My wife is giving it the final touch on the photo..:sneaky:

I'm not a fan of waterfeatures for dartfrogs as you might know and I will not be keeping any frogs in this tank for this reason.
I realy just wanted to restore this tank to it's full and former glory or the way it was intend to look and probably put it up for sale once everything is fully grow in.

Hope you like the project.
Hit us up with ypur thoughts,questions or comments!

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
Just spectacular All.

What is that long brown corrugated dried form with the mints?

Me want.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #119 ·
Just spectacular All.

Me want.
Just spectacular All.

Me want.
Thanks for the compliment!

I'm not sure what you are talking about? I'd be happy to tell you the name of what you are looking for though.

·
Premium Member
2,209 Posts
A long flat frond in the mints. I would like it for my guys

101 - 120 of 153 Posts