Dendroboard banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight I was feeding my frogs, and wouldn't you know it the orange lamasi were feeling spunky (read: one jumped out). Those guys are fast little buggers! All the containers I had nearby were closed, so I couldn't waste time trying to open one up. It was headed for the crack between my wall and my carpet. Several attempts to pick it up and open up the viv while keeping said lamasi from jumping back to the floor proved fruitless. Eventually the lamasi disappeared from sight.

I tore apart the room searching for that dang frog. There was crap piled all over on half the room, from my search on the other half. Half an hour later, and many MANY curse words later, I gave up and left a water dish. Looking back, I reminded myself of the dad in A Christmas Story fixing the furnace.

I went downstairs and told my wife that I needed to go to bed because I was going to have an aneurysm. Long story short, she went upstairs, found the lamasi, AND caught it within about 45 seconds. AAaaaaahhhhh..... its nice to know she cares :) and is awesome. At least I'm going to bed knowing that I'm not a frog down...

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Before I'd installed combo locks on my tanks, my son of 2 years thought it wise to inspect them.

My 6-year old comes to me with a little imi covered in fuzz from the floor and dust, saying his little 2-year old brother opened the tank, let one out and grabbed it, then panicked and gave it to his big brother.

Shock and horror :eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh man, that would make me sit down breath into a paper bag for a while. I might need to get a combo lock on my vivs for myself :)

·
Registered
10,415 Posts
Three cheers for wives who love us! You might have to keep her around for a while!

Reactions: jig1

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hahaha yeah... my stash of ants and rusty thumbtacks... its dangerous down there! She is definitely a keeper :)

·
Registered
542 Posts
My orange Lamasi have jumped out on me several times, needless to say it scares the $h*T out of me because id be losing money!! lol Ive managed to catch them everytime thank god!

I have a thought though, I have a baby on the way how is a way i could apply a lock to my vivs if they arent exos or zoomeds with the place for a lock to go.

I will have numerous vivs with glass tops on them and then a 10 vert. How could a lock be applied?

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good question. For the glass top ones, maybe just put them high enough that tiny hands can't get to them? Or maybe a flat, low weight that can go on top of the viv? Glad I don't have to worry about that right now :)

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
A small strip of duct tape should keep a baby/toddler out.

I don't think you're supposed to duct tape your children, you might get in trouble with CPS. Although, it would definitely keep their sticky little fingers out of your vivs, particularly if you taped their hands behind their backs!

;)

Deb

·
Registered
542 Posts
is there any eye appealing ways to lock it. Is there any type of locks that you could mount to a top? although duct tape may work im to ADD to just have a random piece of tape as a lock. putting vivs high enough sounds like a good idea but I have bakers racks and would like to use all of the racks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts