Dendroboard banner
161 - 176 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks!

Coarse i'd say.
Thanks for the reply.

Do you bleach dip your plants before introducing them to your scapes? I am from the aquarium hobby and usually do this if not using 1-2 grow plants to prevent pests.

I like how you have incorporated Seiryu stone in your Natural State Terra. Do you have any updates on this?

Thanks for your time, appreciated.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Thanks for the reply.

Do you bleach dip your plants before introducing them to your scapes? I am from the aquarium hobby and usually do this if not using 1-2 grow plants to prevent pests.

I like how you have incorporated Seiryu stone in your Natural State Terra. Do you have any updates on this?

No I don't, but I probably should. Most plants come from cuttings out of my other tank, so thise are fine.

There hasn't been any change to the tank so far. I've got everything ready to start, but I have not found (or made) the time or energy to spend a complete day working on it. 😂

·
Registered
7 Posts
No I don't, but I probably should. Most plants come from cuttings out of my other tank, so thise are fine.

There hasn't been any change to the tank so far. I've got everything ready to start, but I have not found (or made) the time or energy to spend a complete day working on it. 😂
Hi Tijl,

Another question if that's okay. Do you remineralize your RO water if you use it? I know you said your tap water was good but thought I would check on this.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #167 ·
Hi Tijl,

Another question if that's okay. Do you remineralize your RO water if you use it? I know you said your tap water was good but thought I would check on this.

Thanks in advance.
Yes i add 15% tapwater to my RO water since the tapwater quality is very good here. You might want to check yours first before adding it.

Greets.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yes i add 15% tapwater to my RO water since the tapwater quality is very good here. You might want to check yours first before adding it.

Greets.

Greets.
Some testing on the tap water. TDS 332 ppm, PH 7.2, KH 10, GH 19, Nitrate 10ppm. TDS can rise over 400 and Nitrate can reach 50 ppm sometimes.

Do you have any readings on your RO water when mixed with tap water?

Cheers.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #171 ·
Some testing on the tap water. TDS 332 ppm, PH 7.2, KH 10, GH 19, Nitrate 10ppm. TDS can rise over 400 and Nitrate can reach 50 ppm sometimes.

Do you have any readings on your RO water when mixed with tap water?

Cheers.
I haven't done a reading in a few years. If I am able to find the testkit, I'll let you know the results 😄👍

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #174 · (Edited)

Finaly started on the NS tank today!
The result so far :

photo download by link

I will start planting in 2 weeks so the wood can mold out and I have time to tweek whatever I feel like changing.

Let me know what y'all think

·
Registered
7 Posts
Finaly started on the NS tank today!
The result so far :

photo download by link

I will start planting in 2 weeks so the wood can mold out and I have time to tweek whatever I feel like changing.

Let me know what y'all think

Oh, nice! Looking forward to this!. Would it be possible for you to do a full plant list and everything else you are using in this build lights, etc?

Some shots from the side, above and substrate would be good also.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Discussion Starter · #176 ·
Oh, nice! Looking forward to this!. Would it be possible for you to do a full plant list and everything else you are using in this build lights, etc?

Some shots from the side, above and substrate would be good also.

Thanks.
Will do once it's finished 👍

The YouTube clip already covers some of those things

161 - 176 of 176 Posts