Dendroboard banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Very nice. I'm probably gonna come get some frogs from you in the future. 2 questions, what pumilio is the green one with black spots with the bluish legs? And what was in that huge vert?

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Pretty friggen incredible! I guess this is what happens when you cant make a decision on just 1 species eh? Thanks for the tour.

If you ever do another video, it would be cool if you could zoom out on the room as you walk around it. Some added comentary would be appreciated by all also.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna need a time(play) on the green and black pumilio, I think you may be referring to the imitators.

The tall vert currently has intermedius in it. All of our verts will be that size moving forward.

It's not indecision that led to this collection, we have decided to have the ones we love.

Commentary was definitely left out in respect to the frogs...couldn't you hear them talking!!!!!

·
Registered
483 Posts
Love it!

I am going to have my fiance flip all the shelves over on our backers rack like yours so the lights will sit flush. He is not going to be happy, but I am!

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
I have the next couple of weeks off, I'll be in touch with you guys about that overdue visit pretty soon.....

Great looking room.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Thanks for the tour! Is that room an add on? Im thinking about building a frog room. i just need to find out how to keep the temps frog safe

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
Now that is what I call a frog room! And each and every vivarium is awesome! Would love to see it again with commentary! Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks again to all. I left out commentary so that folks could listen to the frogs calling. When the conditions are right it sounds pretty sweet.

The room is just part of our basement that was only being used to store things before. The temp is maintained by the plastic surrounding the walls and ceiling. The temp stays low, even when it's +100, because half of it is underground and in the winter we use a oil heater.

Roommate.....didn't you see how many roommates I already have?!?!?!?! Its hard to even keep 'em off the Xbox and out of the fridge.

Not sure what you mean about the shelves being flipped over. I actually felt like it was a design flaw. The racks aren't what allowed the lights to be flush, it's the wire ties.

We tend to the spiders and their webs on a daily basis. Everytime I do however, it makes me want to be a big ass spider myself. They really are one of the most advanced species on this planet! I would love to be able to through anything out of my body (that's useful) and climb it. I also admire their ability to construct the most incredible formations without a day of engineering class also.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts