Dendroboard banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long till the froglets will eat after being purchased. Probally still stressed, but whats an estimate? I have d. mel to feed them, will that be small enough? Thanks for all the help

G

·
0 Posts
I usually put food in within a half an hour of putting new frogs in a tank. Some of my frogs have come shocked where they need to adjust, but they still will pick off the occasional fruit fly walking by. But the past few shipments of frogs I have gotten, they have all eaten fruit flies right away, and they only took maybe 20 minutes to adjust to their new environment. Then they start to explore.

G

·
0 Posts
They need a lot of places to hide. You will see a lot of them as adults. For now, throw some pin oak leaves, magnolia leaves, pothos clippings, or anything safe and natural in there. Let them disappear and pop out for food.

G

·
0 Posts
Ryan said:
How long till the froglets will eat after being purchased. Probally still stressed, but whats an estimate? I have d. mel to feed them, will that be small enough? Thanks for all the help
I had a froglet that didin't eat for almost 2 weeks after i got him. I know that is extreme but it canhappen, so if yours take a while, don't freak out. Mine has caught up on his weight again with no problems.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
I don't know how small the froglet is that you got, but most will eat shortly after being placed in their temp tank or terrarium. I give most of my froglets d. melanogaster (wingless preffered) and springtails, so they have a couple different things to eat. Most froglets that are sold (unless retics) should be able to eat any variety of d. melanogaster... otherwise you got a very small froglet. I would also suggest either adding leaf litter, moss, and or plant cuttings. All of these things add cover for the froglet(s) and security (like joe stated). This should make them more willing to eat.

·
Registered
1,961 Posts
My leucs ate about half an hour after I got them home, even though it was about 11 PM. My azureus didn't eat until the next day.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have plant cuttings, moss, and a piece of cork in there for them to go under, its a regular shoebox sized container.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts