Dendroboard banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it normal for leuc froglets, 2-3 months old, to spend most of the day at the top of the tank? Just curious, mine I just got only seem to come down to eat and then right back up as high as the can get

·
Registered
181 Posts
Mine climb the glass regularly. They used to sleep in the top corner stuck to the glass in a group of three. It is especially common for new frogs to climb the glass.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Mine are up and down the tank and so are my friends. They like sleeping on high pothos leaves and at the top of the waterfall.

Everett

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Pet stores always seem to charge a rediculous amount for drift wood. In a somewhat related note, has anyone seen/used some of the newer "aquarium decorations" that look like roots/driftwood. Some of it looks really nice, just most of it is hollow and Id worry about losing frogs inside it.

·
Administrator
13,229 Posts
I have seen some of the new "aquarium decorations", and you could fill the holes with great stuff or dirt. I've thought about using them, but most look too fake for me.

Driftwood is not cheap, the local store here is not too bad, but I have seen cheaper.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thought they were more of resin/ceramic material, but they might be plastic. I've seen some tree stumps and "rotting Logs" that look decent, similiar to some of the custome backgrounds that are cast then painted I've seen here.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That fake wood, does it usually have little flowers on it if so a petstore near me has some. I can see today and post material tommorow if i can find out. Also i was looking at some african root that i have used for snakes and fish looks real nice, anyone now if it would hold up in high humididty? I was going to try.

·
Vendor
2,858 Posts
Ebay has the cheapest wood (even after you pay shipping). Just buy a bunch from one person and you can save on shipping (I got 5 large pieces from Lousianna and shipping was $8). The pieces were cheap too. I can give you the seller if you like.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is there any issue with just going to a local beach after a storm and bringing home a truckload of driftwood?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts