Dendroboard banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 azureus froglets (~3 months old) that are in a small tank (2 gallon tank) by themselves until they are old enough to be put into a larger vivarium. The setup is simple, spag moss with magnolia leaves. I've been feeding them FF with no issues until today.

When I removed the glass to feed them, the glass slipped out of my hands and into the tank, hitting the bottom - I couldn't tell if it hit one of the froglets. One of the froglets panicked and nearly jumped out. I quickly got the glass back in place, stopped my hands from shaking, and tried to see better if the glass had hit the froglets.

They stayed frozen for several minutes, but started to become active again soon. They have no signs of injury that I can see, their skin has no signs of tearing, they are able to move around without any obvious signs of injury. They are supporting themselves with their front legs normally. Is there anything else I should be looking out for (besides a better setup to prevent this from happening again?) to tell if they are injured? How long after a (potentially) traumatic and startling event like this would they show signs of injuries?

Thanks!

·
Registered
10,415 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help and the setup advise. One looks okay - clinging to the glass as he usually does. I'll keep an eye on them. The next viv they are going to is much better, hinged door and all. This was a first attempt at a holding tank...lesson learned!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts