1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

·
Registered
554 Posts
I think you would have to provide the MSDS sheets, as the information provided has nothing that indicates what is in the product.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I would say don't use it, as the first ingredient on the list is an anti-microbial (BIT) and the second one of the list is a known biocide (MCI). It is doubtful any of these have any studies directly linking with amphibians.

That's all I can say. I'm not a scientist!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would say don't use it, as the first ingredient on the list is an anti-microbial (BIT) and the second one of the list is a known biocide (MCI). It is doubtful any of these have any studies directly linking with amphibians.

That's all I can say. I'm not a scientist!
Thank you for the information I won’t use it then. Back to the drawing board 👍

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you are willing to put in the time and money for materials, you could make a silicone mold of the tree fungi and cast replicas in a frog-safe polyurethane. You can get a foam type (basically the same as Great stuff) or a hard-curing type depending on what you are trying to do with your tank ornaments.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Im curious about this cool looking tree fungus. I want to see it!

·
Super Moderator
3,787 Posts
Searching the web (or Amazon, or....) for "shelf mushroom for reptiles" will bring up some commercially available options.

In any event, I'd skip the water "feature" for dart frogs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts