Dendroboard banner

1 - 20 of 219 Posts

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does the gun fire annoy the frogs?
It actually gets them calling. The orange terribs (bottom left viv on the rack in the photo) will start calling in response to a javelin explosion, and the pumilio will get going after heavy automatic weapons fire.

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good god man sweeeet thats a full time job?
Nah, lights and misting are automated, and with the exception of the viv on the end table, every viv is over 25 gallons, so there's plenty of microfauna. When I'm just doing basic husbandry, it takes about 5 hours a week.

·
Registered
298 Posts
It actually gets them calling. The orange terribs (bottom left viv on the rack in the photo) will start calling in response to a javelin explosion, and the pumilio will get going after heavy automatic weapons fire.
What works best for blue foots?

-B

·
Registered
6,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't seen them calling, but I honestly have so many leucs in the room that I could easily not realize they have - there's calling pretty much around the clock, between the dart and reed frogs.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Mine are affraid of guns I have a 30-06, 7mm, 300 weatherby, 30-30 winchester and a .357 Revolver in my from room in case we have a escape party ;)

·
Registered
2,475 Posts
Wow. I second being jealous.

And I love that someone thought the cooler was for beer, was wrong, but only because there's and actual fridge with beer. Nice, Haha

·
Registered
837 Posts
Automatic weapons fire gets the frogs calling!!! Rapid fire gets me calling!! LOL....

1 - 20 of 219 Posts