Dendroboard banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently acquired a surinam cobalt female. She will not eat any flies dusted in vitamin powder. She will go for it then drag her tongue to get the fly off. So for the time being I can only get her to eat un- dusted flies. Any ideas on how to get her the needed vitamins and minerals? By the way i use rep-cal that i ordered from Patrick at Saurian, none of my other frogs have any problems eating it either. Thanks

G

·
0 Posts
Did you try a lighter coating of powder? I had this problem. I fixed it by coating some FF's, then putting them in another container and shaking all the excess off so they were just a light grey instead of white. Eventually my tinc got used to it and stopped being so fussy.

Good luck!

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good idea....thanks

Thanks i'll give it a try tomorrow............Well it's tomorrow and i tryed. It works great. I had figured that if there was even any trace of dust she would reject it but was i wrong!

G

·
0 Posts
Glad it worked. When they get hungry not much will stop them though. You should be able to increase the dust amounts now that she has the taste for it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts