Dendroboard banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I've got a 12x12x18 tank sitting around, but I'm not sure if it's really good for any frogs.

So tell me, what kind of frog would go well in a 12x12x18 with no water feature? It doesn't have to be a PDF, I like big tree frogs as well! I would prefer them to be active during the day but I'm not against nocturnal frogs.

Thanks!

·
Registered
708 Posts
Would you be opposed to having a lone frog? Or would you only like to keep a pair?
I would think you would be able to keep a single Leucomela in the tank with no issues, but two would likely be very crowded.

·
Registered
635 Posts
So I've got a 12x12x18 tank sitting around, but I'm not sure if it's really good for any frogs.

So tell me, what kind of frog would go well in a 12x12x18 with no water feature? It doesn't have to be a PDF, I like big tree frogs as well! I would prefer them to be active during the day but I'm not against nocturnal frogs.

Thanks!
You can deff get a pair of imitators. No tincs, or auratus. I got a trio of varaderos in my 12x12x18

·
Registered
2,954 Posts
A pair of thumbs will work for that tank. Your going to want to plant it good for them though. For Chris, IMO a 12x12x18 seems a little small for a trio of imitators.. I have my trio of varaderos in a 18x18x24, and utilize every little space. I'd say a pair (thumbs) is idea for that size.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A lone frog is fine as long as they're okay by themselves. If they do better in pairs then I'd rather not keep just one by itself. My goal is to have a happy frog! Anybody know anything about amazonian milk frogs? I'm wondering if one would be okay in that size a cage, or if they even do okay by themselves.

I actually also have a vertical 10 gallon I could use for something too if that would be more suitable, but it's not like the dimensions are that different from a 12x12x18 really.

·
Registered
635 Posts
A pair of thumbs will work for that tank. Your going to want to plant it good for them though. For Chris, IMO a 12x12x18 seems a little small for a trio of imitators.. I have my trio of varaderos in a 18x18x24, and utilize every little space. I'd say a pair (thumbs) is idea for that size.
Yea i know, im really pushing it with the trio. I wish i could build a 18x18x24 right now. They seem to be doing fine. Theres alot of hiding space and broms. Once they get fully grown ill be switching them out into a 30 hexagon. I just saw your thread on your build, how did you get the tree stump. I wanna do one with a hex and plant broms all around it. PM me

1 - 6 of 6 Posts