Dendroboard banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a pair of auratus that has been showing breeding type behavior for the past month and a half or so. At least thats what I hoped it was.

Well yesterday all doubt was removed. My male started calling right in front of me and the two were quite the exhibitionists. They let me watch every last detail, it was so cool. I even got some video of the female dancing for the male, and of the male leading her off to a bromeliad leaf axil to procreate. I wasn't quick enogh to get him calling and the foggy glass didn't help.

This mourning there were seven eggs in the leaf axil and this afternoon I saw my male checking in on them.

This is the first time they have bred. They were mature last spring, but it has only been since December or so that I got all the kinks worked out of the ultrasonic fogging system.

Just wanted to share the joy!

G

·
Congratulations! Not bad for a first clutch. I also just had a pair of lorenzos start laying. Don't be frustrated if very few or none are fertile right away. Well good luck with your breeders.

G

·
Congratulations! That was the first frog I ever got to breed.... After they really figure it out the trick will be to getting them to stop! and no I am not kidding.

G

·
I agree with Ben. I have about 23 auratus froglets I have been raising all winter.I will be posting an ad on the classifieds soon when the weather here in Iowa get better for shipping.
Mark W.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses.

I have decided to let the frogs do all the work in hopes of limiting production. With that said they haven't done so bad for thier first try: 4 of the 7 eggs molded, but the other 3 appear to be doing fine. My male checks on them a couple of times a day, and I am expecting to see him depositing the tads later this week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.