Dendroboard banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Thought I would share as I am over the MOON with my recent frogquisitions! Love them so much!

Rules are you can share 2 pics max of the Same Species, Once Per Day. Good example is a zoom out of the terrarium with frogs visible then closeup but this is not a rule!

Let's see what you have and love!

I will start with my new Ranitomeya Reticulata! I even heard one buzzing this morning! Exciting!

Wood Recipe Ingredient Dish Cuisine
Plant Organism Insect Terrestrial plant Arthropod

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hello,

Those Ranitomeya Reticulata are awesome, congrats!
Posting my only frogs so my favorite by default. Ranitomeya Imitator Varadero.
Those Varadero are beautiful!!! What a gorgeous tank as well!

Here are two of my pics for the day! Mantella milotympanum! Black Eared Mantella! (Don't mind the isopod who went for a swim... ☠)

Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Wood Aquatic plant

Arthropod Insect Amber Decapoda Terrestrial animal

· Administrator
7,352 Posts
Agreed! They might need to be imported.... though thats (maybe) very expensive proposition.
They're CITES II -- so, a couple hundred dollars on top of normal transport fees and taxes. Reptile Express has a standard $350CAD base export fee for Python regius (also CITES II) -- probably the same for darts.

· Registered
374 Posts
Pictures taken more then 10 years ago. Sold them, and still want to punch myself in the face for doing so...
Oophaga sylvatica "whitefoot"
Plant Flower Petal Terrestrial plant Bromelia
Plant Arthropod Pollinator Terrestrial plant Insect
Plant Terrestrial plant Arthropod Insect Petal

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

· Registered
79 Posts
They're CITES II -- so, a couple hundred dollars on top of normal transport fees and taxes. Reptile Express has a standard $350CAD base export fee for Python regius (also CITES II) -- probably the same for darts.
With the CAD low right now, it would be likely at least $3k Canadian for a pair - any takers?
In all seriousness though, I'm not sure if the hobby is large enough in Canada that it would make sense to import expensive oophaga species.

· Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
With the CAD low right now, it would be likely at least $3k Canadian for a pair - any takers?
In all seriousness though, I'm not sure if the hobby is large enough in Canada that it would make sense to import expensive oophaga species.
I have to disagree - I know several people this summer who spent north of $500,000 importing rare frogs, several of them brought them in through Wakiri I believe or Tesoros possibly.... so the well-heeled can do it, and the market is here. We have several big names in the country for dart frogs - Mark from Understory, Phil Ramos etc.

· Registered
374 Posts
On a side note: I just got word that Tesoros de Colombia might start selling/exporting legal o. sylvatica koi and whitefoot next year. I already started saving...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts