Dendroboard banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have juvenile Green Sip which does eat alot, its just that when he eats me misses the flys like he goes for them but ends up missing them, anyone know why?

·
Registered
8,465 Posts
My froglets miss a lot of flies too. It could also be short tongue syndrome. I think it was said to be related to lack of vitamin A. Just make sure you are supplementing their food and it will work itself out.

Do a search on short tongue syndrome for more info about that.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i noticed the frogs i raised from tadpoles were pretty bad hunters at first too. i would have to put the flies RIGHT in front of them and they would miss occasionally. they are a few months old now tho and doing just fine :) my guess is that they just need to learn how to hunt and it takes a bit for them to gain any skill! lol

·
Registered
802 Posts
I stuck a little flying gnat in with my frogs a couple days ago. At over a year old you'd think they'd be skilled hunters, but holy cow was it the most uncoordinated attempt at getting a fly ever. The fly flew off and the frog sat there scratching her head thinking, "What the heck? Did that thing just FLY?!?!" It tried a couple more times to get it before giving up...

When they're new to something sometimes they stink at it. When your frog hits the fly, does the fly stick?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nope it doesn't even hit the fly, he it always goes short, after like 5 trys he gets it, but hes getting better now!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts